DIGIHUB. OAI-PMH Harverster
Download brochure (PDF)
What is DIGIHUB?
· An application that harvests metadata using OAI-PMH.
· It stores the resources supplied by multiple providers in a single repository, which allows these resources to be subsequently added to national and international projects such as Hispana or Europeana.
Who is DIGIHUB aimed at?
- and Museums,
whether taken individually or as part of Networks, Consortia, Groups or Associations, which are interested in joint harvesting of their metadata through the internet.
· Ideal for national and thematic aggregators
Do you know that DIGIHUB...?
- … is the program used by Hispana, the Spanish Digital Collection Directory and Harvester, since 2006?
- … has allowed Hispana to have already harvested 202 repositories, 4,709,048 digital objects and include a directory of 602 digital collections? (data from 12 November 2013).
- … has allowed Hispana to become the fourth largest data provider for Europeana and provide 80% of all Spanish contributions to the European project?
- … sends data harvested to the Digital Public Library of America, Europeana and Hispana using the OAI-PMH protocol?
- … uses Linked Open Data and allows users to publish structured and enriched contents by linking resources from different sources?
- … allows users to automatically enrich the records harvested so they can later be sent to Europeana?
- … allows users to harvest data from multiple digital collections regardless of their source or document types?
- … allows users to join digitisation projects and offer a query system that contributes to avoiding duplication, prioritising documentation to be digitised and represent an access point to all these digital resources?
- … features an API for the development of applications or interfaces from the data harvested, making it possible for it to be displayed in mobile devices?
DIGIHUB is a registered trademark of the Spanish company DIGIBÍS.