Of document collections
We approach the complete archival processing of collections of documents of a historical nature by following to the most appropriate technical guidelines for our customers, according to the following processes:
- Cataloguing and description using international standards (ISAD(G) and EAD).
- Developing classification charts, when the customer requests it, and organising documents.
- Placing documents in acid-free folders and boxes. Adapting and conditioning documentation (eliminating staples, clips, etc.).
Likewise, at DIGIBÍS we have extensive experience in the preparation of indices, the selection of descriptors and the creation of thesauri.
Of bibliographic collections
- Cataloguing and description using international standards:
- MARC 21 format for bibliographic records/MARC 21
- MARC 21 format for authority records/MARC 21
- MARC 21 format for collection and location records/MARC 21
- Preparation of classifications according to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC)
- Lists by subject headers